Saturday, December 31, 2016

Year in Review: 2016

This year was bad. Really bad.

That's why I put off writing this post. Who really wants to revisit such a bad year?

But then I thought it would be a disservice to the really good books I read and movies I saw this year. So this is for you, the authors, directors, actors, and other artists who created these works.

In no particular order, these are the novels I enjoyed this year:

 

Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho (review forthcoming)

 

Rosewater by Tade Thompson (review forthcoming)

 

Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova


Hurma by Ali Al-Muqri, translated by T.M. Aplin



The diverse movies I enjoyed this year:


Adaminte Makan Abu, directed by Salim Ahmed (2011) (review forthcoming)


Neerja, directed by Ram Madhvani (2016)


Sardaarji, directed by Rohit Jugraj (2015)


Te3n, directed by Ribhu Dasgupta (2016) (review forthcoming)

As you can see, for lots of reasons I have been unable to review as much as I would have liked this year. Here's hoping for a somewhat more settled 2017. 


Want to see more articles like this? Follow me on twitter or like The Globally Curious on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment